Friday, September 5, 2014

Broccolli Cheddar Soup



Ingredients
· 4 cups broccoli florets
· 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
· 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
· 2 cups half-and-half
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
· salt and pepper, to taste
* I used one Tsp. of Salt and Pepper


Directions
1. In a medium pan over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until softened.
2. In a large pot, cook remaining butter with flour to create a roux, 3-4 minutes. Once pasty and thick, add in half-and-half and chicken stock. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Add onions, garlic, broccoli, and nutmeg to mixture and simmer for another 25-30 minutes, until thickened.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.Optional: Puree soup to smooth out chunks, or serve as is.
If you want a more hearty soup, add cooked rice.

2 comments:

  1. What I am about to say is a testimony of a great spiritual spell caster who is worldwide known as @Drbowsolutionhome  This man helped me bring my ex wife back to me. Since 2009, after 7 years of disorder in my marriage, it came to a very huge colossal disaster. My wife left me and took my kids along with her which left me alone. 2 years later I was hearing news of a great spell caster who help people with their desires and I read about him online. I saw his contact @drbowsolutionhome and I contacted him. Within 3 days, my wife came to meet me and told me how much she missed me and the family being a whole. She said she needed me back to her and I was very glad with myself. I am thanking Doctor Bow today for what he did for me. Contact doctor Bow if you are passing through any problem today at : drbowsolutionhome@gmail.com or whats App :  +2348121786772  

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this article understand the most important thing, the item will give you a keyword rich link a great useful website page: Best Air Fryer Under $100

    ReplyDelete